Majority of the population all over the world are wearing cosmetics. However there are times that wearing makeup can cause the person to have some irritation on her skin. This is the reason why it is imperative that you make sure that the makeup you bought will not cause any negative effects on your body and use only those cosmetics with trusted quality and reputation like NYC Makeup.
Harmful ingredients in a cosmetic are the most common causes of allergies to the person, and that is why you need to know the ingredients that makes up your cosmetic. This way you can avoid buying cosmetics that contain harmful ingredients.
The first harmful ingredient are parabens, specifically methyl, ethyl, butyl, and propyl. Parabens are included in a makeup because of their capacity to extend the shelf life of a cosmetic. They are effective in being used as a preservative because they have the tendency to slow down or even hinder the growth of bacteria in the product.
- Parabens can cause allergies such as skin rashes.
- Some studies have even showed that parabens are found in tumors which caused breast cancer among humans which is already a good enough reason to avoid buying any makeup containing parabens.
2. Diethanolamine and Triethanolamine (DEA and TEA)
Another harmful ingredient that some companies choose to include in their makeup ingredients is diethanolamine and triethanolamine abbreviated as DEA and TEA respectively. The main purpose why these two are included in a makeup composition is because of their characteristic as a foaming agent. However their purpose is not to create foam in a makeup but to increase the colloidal property of the cosmetic.
- When absorbed by the body for an extensive period of time, diethanolamine and triethanolamine can prove to be toxic.
- Nevertheless they can still cause dryness of the skin as well as of the hair, eye irritations, and other allergic reactions.
Petrolatum or more commonly known as petroleum jelly by the public is also another harmful cosmetic ingredient that you have to look out for.
This is because of the fact that they clog the pores on the places they are applied to which in turn causes the body to have problems regarding its own moisturizing process. As a result, the woman can have dry skin and even chapping.
4. Sodium Lauryl
Sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate is also a harmful ingredient that is included in makeup. Some of the effects of this mineral are skin rashes, eye irritation, and dry scalp. So take note of the ingredients the next time you buy any form of makeup so you can avoid these ingredients.